== Vegan Venues ==
(Last Updated Feb/2022.
Contact us to make suggestions.)
Lotsa great places for vegans to shop, from restaurants to clothing to food and stuff around the house, here are the spots we recommend.
If we're missing any vegan-friendly shops or restaurants, let us know!
Vegan Restaurants & Shops
Green Cuisine - #5-560 Johnson St (Market Square) - 250-385-1809 – www.GreenCuisine.com – all-vegan, buffet-style
restaurant with fabulous desserts.
Lotus Pond – 617 Johnson St - 250-380-9293 – www.facebook.com/lotuspondvegetarian - all-vegan Buddhist cuisine, check the March '07 Newsletter for a review!
- Pure Lovin' Chocolate #102 - 3 Fan Tan Alley (off Pandora across from Market Square) - 250-590-0414 - www.PureLovinChocolate.com- local, organic, vegan and fair-trade chocolate - can you say 'vegan Crunchie bar'?
- Rawthentic Eatery Victoria 108-4440 West Saanich Rd (Royal Oak Shopping Centre) - www.veganrawfoodrestaurant.com - raw food restaurant, those from up-island will be familiar, see below!
- Be Love - 1019 Blanshard St - 778-433-7181 - www.BeLoveRestaurant.ca - A mostly vegan restaurant, upscale bistro, wide range dishes including raw and seasonal, watch out for honey!
- The Blue Nile - 612 Head St (Esquimalt) - 250-475-6453 - www.BlueNileRestaurantVictoria.com - East African buffet, most dishes are vegan.
- Cafe Bliss - 556 Pandora Ave - 250-590-5733
- www.CafeBliss.ca - raw, mostly vegan, now contains much fewer bee products!
- Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria - 128-560 Johnson (Market Square)- 250-590-2648 - www.famoso.ca/locations/victoria_market_square.php - vegan friendly, they have Daiya cheese!
- Futaba Japanese Restaurant - 1420 Quadra St - 250-381-6141 - www.Futaba.ca - very vegan-friendly and helpful, and use brown rice.
- The Joint – 1219 Wharf St - 250-389-2226 – www.EatAtTheJoint.com - pizza shop with Daiya vegan cheese, as
well as piles of Yves veggie toppings.
- Mo:Le - 544 Pandora Ave - 250-385-6653 - www.MoLeRestaurant.ca - a good selection of vegan and rawfood dishes.
- Ohh La La Cupcakes - Four locations: Victoria (1391A Hillside, 250-385-0707), Sidney (#6-2042 Mills Rd W, 250-656-0706), West Shore (713A Gold Stream Ave, 250-478-0704), Downtoan (#4-619 Broughton St, 250-590-8019) - www.OohLaLaCupcakes.ca - vegan cupcakes at all locations, more available on order.
- ReBar – 50 Bastion Square - 250-361-9223 –www.RebarModernFood.com - a small selection of vegan
Groceries Frequented by Vegans
Free Sprit Botanicals - 549 Johnson St - 250-382-1003 - www.FreeSpiritBotanicals.com - soy wax candles, essential oils, soaps and more
- The Good Planet Co. - 764 Fort St - 250-590-3500 - www.TheGoodPlanet.com - organic cotton bedding, clothing, and more
- Lady Marmalade - 608 Johnson St - 250-381-2872 - www.LadyMarmalade.ca - All-day breakfast, very popular tofu scramble!
Lush - 1001 Government St - 250-384-5874 - ca.Lush.com - body and bath, all vegan products labeled!
The Soap Exchange – 1393 Hillside Ave - 250-475-0033 – www.VictoriaSoapExchange.com - vegan
cleaning products, and in reusable, refillable containers
- The Community Farm Store and Corfield Cafe - 330 Duncan St, Duncan - 250-748-6227, cafe: 250-748-6223 - whole food grocery, organic bakery and cafe, Duncan's only all vegetarian cafe with vegan options available.
- La Vida Vegan - 124 Middleton Ave, Parksville - www.VidaVegan.ca - It's now a restaurant, as well a vegan, mobile food cart! Check their schedule for locations during the week, or book for your own event!
- Powerhouse Living Foods Co - Two locations in Nanaimo - Commercial: 250-591-7873 / Metral: 250-933-3733 - www.PowerhouseLiving.ca - all-vegan, raw dishes, quick and delicious!
- Rawthentic Eatery - Two locations in Qualicum Beach and Courtenay - Qualicum: 250-594-7298 / Courtnay: 250-338-0571 - www.veganrawfoodrestaurant.com - all-vegan, raw dishes, see upcoming Victoria location.
- Vegan Supply - www.VeganSupply.ca - based on the mainland, this is an online shop packed with vegan foods and products, conveniently shipped to your door!